Monday, September 15, 2014

Penguin Plunder

Today is a new digi release for My Whimsical Little World Digi Stamps and the theme this time around.... animals.  Paola has created 6 adorable little images (4 animals and a companion background!) and I'm showcasing the three penguins today.

I decided to make a set of mini cards for this release.  I checked out my envelope punch board to see what card size I could make an envelope using a 6x6 sheet of paper.... 3.5".  So that's what I went with.  I think they'd be perfect to tuck into a gift or maybe someones lunch or backpack.

First up, is the adorable Penguino with hat and scarf.  I colored him with my copics then fussy cut him before putting him onto my card base and embellishing.


Next, we have a great little Pablo.  He's holding a cupcake, which would be great for birthdays or any other celebration, but I wanted to use these cute puffy stickers to say 'sweet hello' (you can make out the hello pretty well in the pic, but the sweet is a little faint )... very versatile.


For the third card in the set, I used Tooey and repeated the process (color with copics, fussy cut, put on card, embellish ;))



I also got to play with the cool igloo digi that's being released today.



I imported it into my Silhouette software and sized it to fit into a regular 4.5"x5.5" envelope. I used the trace function to create a shape slightly larger.  Then copied that shape, rotated it to fit along the top to create a folded card, and merged the two so they would cut as one shape (clear as mud?!)  This way the card base would have a slight outline to mat the great igloo on.  You can't see it in the picture, but the outline is covered with a glittery embossing powder for a 'snowy' effect.

So that's what I've come up with for this great release - can you see the penguins on some fun Christmas/Winter cards for this year??  Go check out a couple other design team members to see what great things they've come up with using the penguins and other animals being released.

Paola  
Melanie  

And did you know there is a My Whimsical Little World Facebook Page??  There's a challenge going on there until October 8th to play along with - you just have to create something using purple, orange, and green.


Thanks for stopping by!

Angie

SUPPLIES
STAMPS -  My Whimsical Littlw World Digistamps - Tooey, Igloo, Pablo, Penguino
PAPER - Copic Xpress It; Office Max White Cardstock; Basic Grey Aspen Frost
COPICS - C5, C7, C9, Y35, Y38, BG10, BG45, G40, G43, G46, W00, W3
MISC - Versamark ink, Stampin' Up! Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Mini Ink Blending Tool, WeR Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, Freckled Fawn Oh Deer Me Kits (July and August)


No comments:

Post a Comment