Thursday, September 11, 2014

Advertisement to Card Front

I finally got the September Freckled Fawn Oh Deer Me Kit in the mail - I look forward to this every month!!  There was a little card announcement in it about 'something merry' coming and it was such a cute little card that I couldn't just pitch it.  I thought it was a great little saying for Christmas and it deserved to be put to use!  So I grab some supplies (from past and present kits) that were light teal and red to match the card and had at it, ending with this little cutie...


The announcement is that entire business card size white piece on the front.  I matted it onto some matching red card stock and added two types of red washi tape along the bottom - one is ruffled one is over that to cover the ruffled seam.  Then I added a few little embellishments - some chipboard stars, a teal arrow, a red resin camera (which is tucked under the washi so it doesn't actually look like a camera ;)) and finished it all off with some pearls from this months kit.  The card base is an old background stamp I have that I stamped and clear embossed onto the teal card stock.

For the inside, I kept it really simple.  I just added two strips of the washi and this sticker which I thought went perfectly with the front saying.


And that makes it official.... my first Christmas card of 2014!  

Thanks for stopping by!

Angie


SUPPLIES
PAPER - Stampin' Up! Pool Party and Real Red
STAMP - Hero Arts Merry Background
MISC - July, August and September Oh Deer Me Kits; Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark


No comments:

Post a Comment