Sunday, December 29, 2013

A little art journaling to end the year

I'm not sure how I managed, but I got not one, but TWO art journal pages done this weekend... I was on a roll! :)

The first one I kept pretty simple - black gesso, three stamp sets, some versamark ink, scraps of black paper and some pearl ex powders.


I love how shimmery the powders are.  This close up can't do them justice!


Since it's pretty shimmery, I'm throwing in to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Bling it On.

The next page I got done has a little more to it, but I kind of love how it turned out :)


I used a piece of tissue paper that I got and thought it was cute so I held on to it (it was probably something that was used to wrap something I purchased, but I've had it for a while now, so who knows!)  I added a light layer of gray paint over it.  Then masked off the third quarter and painted that piece teal.  I added a little dimension with some croco in bronze and a chevron stencil.



The girls are the Prima doll stamp that I stamped four times and colored with my Copics.  Their dresses are pieces from some 6x6 paper pads I have in my stash.  I finished it all off with some Pitt Brush Pens and the glittery stickers for the saying.

I'm feeling quite accomplished this weekend.  Now if only I could direct some of that energy towards house hold chores ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Angie

1 comment:

  1. I see that you are very busy while mother is away - can't blame me now for not getting your household work done this time:-P

    ReplyDelete