Friday, March 29, 2013

Free Your Dreams

I got messy today with some paint and, boy was it fun :)  Here's the art journal page I came up with:


I guess I was feeling pretty butterfly-y today as well.  So I found a great quote - 'Free your dreams and take flight - that I thought would go well with it.  The pages are covered with some 7Gypsies tissue paper and sealed with a matte medium.  Then I added some watered down acrylic paints.  Added some Tim Holtz butterfly stamps, some painted sencils.  The butterfly on the right page is a Martha Stewart stamp black embossed on watercolor paper then colored with Distress Markers.  I added some of the purple acrylic paint to an embossing past for the flight pattern.


For the quote, on the left page, I painted in two different butterfly stencils and wrote in the saying.  I started with a white gel pen, but couldn't get a good ink flow, so ended up tracing the letters with some white enamel accents.  

Any crafty plans for this weekend??

Thanks for stopping by,

Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment