Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Is your new year off to a good start?  After having some of the in-laws in town for the holidays, I finally had some time to get up to my craft room and have a little fun.

I recently got this adorable stamp at my local scrapbooking store and was itching to color it up.  Here it is:


After coloring the main image with my copics and cutting it into the wonky rectangle,  I stamped it again on some masking paper.  It took me quite some time to get it cut out with all of those little blades of grass, but it was finally cut out so I masked my coloring, added a few cloud die cuts from the same masking paper and airbrushed the sky.  I airbrushed it with a blue copic marker then after removing the cloud masks, decided it needed a little bit of gray, it is raining after all.

I matted it on a larger wonky rectangle, then adhered that to a standard size card that I clear embossed with that amazing background stamp.  To finish it off, I colored a piece of white seam binding with the darkest copic from the flower and added that to the side.  Such a cute mouse!

Thanks for stopping by!
Angie

SUPPLIES:
STAMP - Stampabilities House Mouse  - Flower Drop, Market Street Stamps Punched Tin
INK - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
PAPER - Copic Xpress it Blending Card, Stampin' Up! Wisteria Wonder
COPICS - Flower: V20, V22, V28; Grass/Leaves (using the pallete method) YG03, YG99; Mouse: C0, C2, C4, C6, E50, E51, E53; Rain drops: C1, C5, 0; Sky (airbrushed): B21, C3
OTHER - Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles Dies, Cloud dies, Eclipse Masking Paper, Seam Binding Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment