Monday, April 9, 2012

Nuts For You!

I just got in a few new Some Odd Girl sets that I purchased, so I HAD to use one of the new sets for their latest color challenge.  Their inspiration picture is this adorable nerdy bear note card from MyZoetrope's Etsy shop:

One of the new sets I got was Nutsy Kaylee.  I love the little squirrel in the set so had to use him :)


I colored him using my Prismacolor pencils (trying to get more practice with them!).  The sentiment is stamped in a teal/aqua ink.  To add the pink, I had a couple of different ideas, but wanted to keep the card pretty simple so opted for some stitching below the sentiment.  Then I used my scoring board to score two lines across the bottom and up to his tail on the left side.  To finishi it off, and balance the score lines a little, I rounded the top right corner.

I'm also playing along with the following challanges:



      


--Angie

SUPPLIES - 
PAPER: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake
INK: Stampin' Up! Indigo Island, Memento Tuxedo Black
STAMPS: Nutsy Kaylee by Some Odd Girl
OTHER: 1/2" Corner Chomper, Stampin' Up! Scoring Board; We R Memory Keepers Floss; Embroidery Needle; Paper Piercer; Stampin' Up! Mat Pack; Prismacolor Pencils

3 comments:

  1. Angie you colored up this squirrel so cutely, I love all the texture you get from your pencils!! That pink stitching and scoring are the perfect touches. Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl. hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so adorable...thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and the stitching is great on this card. :D :D Thanks for playing in our April challenge at Some Odd Girl! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete