Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 6: Paper Piecing

This week I challenged myself to use some of my paper stash by paper piecing.  Todays card has no paper piecing but I did do some paper piecing through the week and you can see them here and here.  For today's card, I turned CPS's day 12 sketch (#118) into something inspired by the current Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge -


And here it is...

Pin It
I loved the felt heart with the pinking around the edge.  I immediately was drawn to the Smoocheroos set and that adorable little monkey.  I stamped him and colored him with Copics.  I used Distress Inks and masked clouds to create the sky that he is floating through.  I stamped the I heart U from the same set on red glitter paper, popped them up and attached some twine.  I cut the heart with pinking shears. The background is stamped from hearts and XOs from Chubby Chums, spiffy Scooters, A Little Lovin', and Word Salad in addition to the Smoocheroos.

That monkey is just too cute :)

My self challenge this week is to use Dazzles in some of my creations.  I've amassed quite a collection because I love how they look, but I don't seem to use them very often.... but this week I will!!

--Angie

SUPPLIES
PAPER: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake and Real Red, Neenah solar White
STMAPS: Paper Smooches - Smoocheroos, Chubby Chums, Spiffy Scooters, A Little Lovin' Word Salad
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Real Red, Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Inks, Jet Black Stazon
COPICS: E31, E35, E37, E30
OTHER: Pink Felt, Pinking Shearts, Sweet & Sassy Cloud Die, Ink Blender, Red Glitter Paper, Foum Tape, Souffle White Gel Pen, Maraschino twine from the Twinery, Paper Piercer, Snail Adhesive

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just darling! I LOVE the glittery balloons!

    Thanks for joining in my CPS challenge day! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the balloons on this Angie - and that monkey is too cheeky! :)

    ReplyDelete