Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello Ian

Today, I'm sharing a card I made using the 14th day sketch for the CPS 5th Anniversary (#45):

I have a little stack of new supplies sitting on my desk that I've been wanting to use before I put them away and I used a few of them on this card:

Pin It

 The Ian image reminded me of a little newspaper boy (it must be the hat!) so I paired him with the Hero Arts Newspaper Background.  I stamped the newspaper on Pool Party paper with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I inked over the background with Island Indigo so the Pool Party would come through.  I love this technique and don't use it enough!  I used the same ink colors to color in his colors.  He's such a sweet image.


I usually color brown hair but today I decided to try something new.  I need to find the right combo for blondes but I like how this one turned out.

--Angie

SUPPLIES
PAPER: Stampin' Up! Pool Party card stock and dsp; Neenah Solar White
STAMPS: The Greeting Farm's Hello Ian, Hero Arts' Newspaper Background, Verrsamark
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Pool Party, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso
COPICS: skin - E50, E51, E00; hair Y21, Y32, E35
OTHER: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Glue Dots, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Snail Adhesive, Glue dots, Buttons, Sponge Daubers, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. OH how cute! Love the buttons! Thanks so much for playing along at CPS!

    ReplyDelete