Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I said if all worked out, I'd have a little non-card project to share.  Well they kind of worked out (I was super ambitious so not 100% how I wanted them, but it's new so I need more practice!)

I baked cookies!!  I found this recipe on the Glorious Treats blog.  The picture there was what I was hoping for, but alas, cookie decorator, I am not.  I made the batter.  Rolled the dough.  Cut the hearts.  And baked.  I let them sit over night and finally iced them the next day.  I tried flooding the icing.  This was my first try -

You can see the piped outline in the top row of hearts and the flooded icing on the rest.  I was planning on adding some decorations - dots, hearts, sections of colors - but once I got started, I thought it was best to stick with the basics for the first go around, so solid flooded cookies it was.


Of course one of the cookies broke before it could be iced and so not to waste it, I gave it a test and it was Deeeeee-LISH-OUS!  I can't want to try it with the icing.  Most of these will be taken to work with me, but I wanted to save at least one for the hubby.  I made a little cookie box card just for him - 
 
When he unties the bow, he'll find a cookie stashed away - 
(just for the picture I added a cookie that wsn't fully iced since they were still drying at the time)
  I based the cookie box front on the final day's sketch for CPS's 5th Anniversary celebration (#231) - 



 It's been a blast playing along with the 15 day celebration!

Happy Valentine's Day!

--Angie

SUPPLIES -
PAPER: Stampin' Up! Real Red, Neenah Solar White, Core'dinations Pearl Black
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Real Red
COPICS: C0, C1, C3, C5, C7. C9, 100; Spica Lipstick, Garnet, and Silver
STAMPS: Stamping Bella Robot Love, Lawn Fawn Itty Bitty Backgrounds
OTHER: Stampin' Up Stain Ribbon,






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with us over at CPS! Cute card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you on finishing all 15 sketches for the CPS 5th Anniversary. Thanks so much for joining us! Have a great weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing all 15 of the sketches! Thanks for playing along with us for the CPS Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete