Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gorjuss Paper Piecing and Crochet

Today I'm playing along with CPS's anniversary, Day 11 sketch #170:


And

 
Here's my final card:

Pin It

 I am super happy with how this turned out!!  I started with the Gorjuss image on some white cards stock.  I colored her skin, hair and yellow clothes with my copics.  I pieced her coat, shoes, hat, and the foxes.  For her coat, shoes and hat, I stamped her on some Crumb Cake paper then stamped a background stamp over that to give it some texture.  I masked her and the foxes with some masking paper then used a blending tool to cover the white with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink (I didn't have any "vanilla" paper and the white was just to bright with the brown and tan so this was my workaround!).  Once I had removed the masks I realized she needed to be ground so I added some shading with my Copics.  Here's a close up of the final image:

As I was deciding exactly what to do with the background, I couldn't decide how to incorporate the scallops from the sketch.  I tried a few of my scalloped punches, some lacier than the others and still wasn't satisfied.  I sat there staring out the window trying to figure something out.  As I turned my head back to my punches, I saw a flash of yellow yarn and it hit me - I could crochet the scallop!!  Here's a close up of my final scallop:

 To make the scallop, I punched every other hole of the eyelet size on the Stampin' Up! Mat Pack.  I used a US 0 hook and some Patton's yarn.  I single crocheted in the first hole, chained one, double crocheted four times in the next hole, chained one, and repeated alternating single crochets with the four double crochets.  It was a little awkward crocheting on card stock, but I am loving it!

--Angie

SUPPLIES
PAPER: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Neenah Solar White
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Vintage Photo
STAMPS: Gorjuss  Little Foxes, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, Stampin' Up! Sanded
COPICS: ground - C1, C3, C5; skin - E50, E51, E00, R20; hair - E35, E37, E29; stockings - E55, Buttermilk and Lipstick Spicas
OTEHR: Lifestyle Crafts Dainty Embossing folder, Inkadinkadoo Masking Paper, Cutter Bee Scissors, Crystal Lacquer, Stampin' Dimensionals, powder tool, heat gun, clear embossing powder, Tombow Mono Multi Glue, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Up! Mat Pack, Crop-a-dile
CROCHET SUPPLIES - Patton's yellow yarn, US0 crochet hook




6 comments:

  1. Adorable card and love how you embossed circles along the top half and your paper piecing! Great job on the CPS sketch I chose and thanks for playing along with our celebration challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wonderful texture of the crocheted scallop ... fabulous paper piecing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite card - besides the balloon one from the last post!! You are so innovative I can't believe you haven't been snatched up for a DT yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fabulous details and it turned out soooo cute!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work of art, Angie!! So glad that you play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete