Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sunflower Congrats

I spent a chunk of the day driving around the county shopping with my mom.  We went to a couple of our local scrapbook stores so I came home with lots of goodies.  One of those items was a Crafter's Workshop template that happened to be the last one in stock and I got to it first :P  My mom said I needed to put it to good use since  I got the last one so when i got home I decided to use it to play along with the CAS-ual Friday challenge for this week -



The challenge was to take one tic-tac-toe row and create a card.  I chose one of the diagonals to use scallops, kraft, and aqua.



I used Pool Party ink over the template to get the design to the cardstock and matted that piece with a matching piece of designer patter paper.  I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment on a strip that I used a scallop punch on.  I inked all of the edges in the matching color then  put it all onto a kraft (crumb cake) card base.  To finish it all off, I put some stickles on the dots in the sunflower pattern.  And that's the card - pretty simple, no fussy cutting, which I loved!

--Angie

SUPPLIES -

5 comments:

  1. Hi Angie, this card is so beautifully done! Love the choice of pattern paper, stamp and design! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the big doilie on the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love that big focal point :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous use of that medallion! Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete