Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Glitter: Is the Mess Worth it?

I normally avoid loose glitter at all costs.  I don't like finding little flakes of glitter all over the place when I'm done.  But I love how sparkly it is! :-)  For whatever reason, when I decided to join in Some Odd Girl's 12 Weeks of Christmas, I decided to start with glitter!  Who knows what I was thinking, but I think in the end it was worth it.

I started by stamping the cute penguin image from the Warm Wishes Tia set on a sheet of acetate.  Then bit by bit, I put some crystal lacquer down and covered it with glitter.  I continued the process until the entire penguin was covered.



While my glittery penguin was drying, I took some patterened paper and embossed the sentiment with some snowflakes (all from the same set) in white.  To attach the acetate to the paper, I used my Crop-a-dile and a grommet to hold the two together.  The finished tag size is 2-1/2" x 6".

Once the glittering was done, the rest was fairly straight forward.  I do like how the image turned out, but I don't think I'll be playing with glitter again any time soon.

--Angie

SUPPLIES - 

From my stash - pink ribbon, grommet, acetate


No comments:

Post a Comment