Monday, August 22, 2011

Hope


I have a coworker who was recently diagnosed with esophogeal cancer and I spent Saturday morning at a breast cancer breakfast fundraiser, so I have Hope on the brain.  When I sat down to create a card for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge, it was still there, so I used Hope as my theme for the challenge -

I forget how challenging one layer cards can be, even when they sound so simple.  I knew I wanted to play with a couple of my newest stamp sets and I had a purple ink pad closest to me when I sat down, so here's my one layer card - 



I masked the bracket and stamped the flowers over the rest of the card.  I used the inkpad and some water to color in the flowers.  Then I masked the rest of the card and the letters and filled in the bracket.  This was the first time I used this ink pad and I'm not thrilled with how it covers when sponging, but I may just need a little more practice with it.  I removed all of the masks, stamped the letters where the masks were to give the outlines, then did a little dashed line around the brackets to finish it off.

And to finish it off, here's a close up -


--Angie

SUPPLIES - 
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Petite Florals and Quinn's ABCs
Ink - Vivid! Purple
Other - Bracket Template by Kiwi Lane, Uniball Signo Gel Pen


2 comments:

  1. Super cute card and very hopeful indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vibrant purple! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete